This blog is going to have surfing, snowboarding, tech stuff and maybe some 'meaning of life' stuff if I'm feeling particularly stoked.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Back on Track

We're starting to feel a little more settled here in Seattle, we've now got a house and a vehicle and hopefully there's not too much to do next week but hang out and check out a few more of the old haunts.

We're going to see Kings of Leon on Tuesday night at Neumos, a new venue since we were here last and next Monday I'm starting work!

Snow has deteriorated substantially this week with high temperatures (18 C on Thursday) and rain. Stevens & Snowqualmie are both closed, Crystal is just about operational and even the legendary Banked Slalom at Mt Baker has had to be postponed to April.

Still, we've got a weekend in Whistler booked for mid-February so that's something to look forward to.

Hopefully this post sees me back on the blogging track although I think I'm maybe a bit disheartened to find that everyone in Seattle wants to be a writer, and quite a few already are!

Saw Million Dollar Baby tonight, didn't think it would be my cup of tea but have to say it was a great movie, oscar material for sure.

b.

PS I tried to post some of my own pictures using Hello but it seems to still have a few rough edges, hope I don't have to switch to MSN Spaces!