This blog is going to have surfing, snowboarding, tech stuff and maybe some 'meaning of life' stuff if I'm feeling particularly stoked.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Extreme Commuting

Outbound:
Route 44: 6:48 Wallingford to Montlake Freeway Station
Route 242: 7:14 Montlake to Overlake

Reading: New May edition of MSDN magazine, Brad Abrams blog.
Listening: Shuffle setting on iPod.

Clock went forward (i.e. Daylight Saving Time began) yesterday so little bit darker this morning, should be worth it to ride home in daylight.
Mariners Baseball opening day, obsessive Mariners fan conspicuously missing from Route 44, good luck M's.

b.


I've completely stopped blogging since moving to Seattle, either reading or writing. I think there are many factors contributing to this; lack of surf, lack of snow, over-abundance of tech but mostly I've lost the daily post hook, i.e. the one thing that you can post about every day without much effort. For me this was the surf report, anything from a one line update to a full blown session de-brief, but something to post either way. I had hoped I would replace the surf report from Portrush with a snow report from Seattle but unfortunately there was no snow to report on with this years freakish weather and the surf was so depressingly good in Portrush that I couldn't even bear to think about it.

Well I've decided to get a new hook to keep me focused. It's the all-new extreme sport of Seattle bus-riding. Yep, I ride the bus every day, most days I read, some days I sleep, some days I even work but whatever you do on the bus, just being on there makes you part of a counter-culture which can't/won't embrace the all-american ideal of One God, One Man, One Automobile.

Anyway more about that to come I'm sure, main thing for now is that I've decided to try and blog the bus ride, hopefully reading some blogs in the evening on the way home and writing some posts on the way to work in the morning.

b.